These King Crabs come from very cold water and are packed with these micronutrients to support your immune system, heart, cleansing exercise, skin, brain, and cells.
The king crab has become a relevant species for Norwegian fish production. Since the first economic catch of king crab in 2002, Norwegian fish production has developed advanced knowledge and technology for the management of this species. Breaking through the healthy outer shell of a king crab leg is enough to make your mouth water.
Although king crab legs are skinny, packed with nutritional power, and low in calories, they are packed with sodium, which could be a cause for concern if your blood pressure is rising.
Considering King Crab for an upcoming gathering or potluck? Here are some reasons why king crabs are good for you.
1. Taste and texture
The quality of king crab legs is more delicious and softer in appearance, which distinguishes it from other crab species. King crab also has a different “sweet” flavor than East Coast crab meat.
2. The size is impressive
King crabs grow to be the best species of crab in the Eastern Hemisphere. It is not surprising to see that a king crab has a length of 5 to 6 feet from the center leg to the other center leg.
Due to its large leg size, the king crab harvests very wide chunks of leg meat, the most sought after part of the crab. Therefore, you cannot search for a species of crab that you analyze.
3. Benefits of Health
Most of the people you ask are trying to eat more excellent these days. King crab may benefit. King crab not only tastes better but also organizes a one-of-a-kind health interest.
Rich in high-quality protein, it can overhaul and repair muscle and omega-3 fatty acids, reducing inflammation and supporting heart health. Unlike other meats, like beef, King Crab is a messy protein, approaching 19 grams of protein per 100 grams of meat and 100 calories.
The white meat of king crab legs is low in calories and fat, which are two main aspects of food sources that help maintain good physical health. And the fact that it’s in a piece of king crab is a heart-healthy, sun-kissed fat.
The nutritional amount can be compared to most Alaskan seafood, from halibut to salmon to scallops. Download the Alaska Seafood Nutrition Guide.
4. Calorie count
You’ll get more than 130 calories from a king crab leg that weighs 134 grams, or about 5 ounces. About 80 percent of calories, or 105 calories, come from protein. King crab legs do not contain cellulose, so the remaining 20 percent of calories, or about 25 calories, come from fat.
5. Vitamins and Minerals
You’ll get about 6.5 times your vitamin B-12 support from an individual king crab leg. B12 makes red blood cells and benefits your metabolism.
That king crab leg also has more than a portion of your need for phosphorous for active bones, as well as almost all of your daily need for zinc, a mineral that boosts your immune health.
6. Sodium problems
King crabs come from the sea, they spend their lives soaking up saltwater, which makes king crab legs very high in sodium.
The 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommend no more than 2,300 milligrams of sodium per day, as long as you maintain overall good health. You’ll get more than 1,435 milligrams from a single king crab leg.
7. Wild and Sustainable
King Crab is wild-caught and forages in the crystal-clear waters off Alaska’s rugged 34,000-mile coastline. No fish farming is a subsidy in Alaska. Plus, Alaskan seafood is organic.
Its sufficient species of shellfish are part of impeccable and well-maintained ecosystems, and the fisheries are trained to be sustainable. Since statehood in 1959, Alaskan fisheries have been trained with the long-term fitness of stocks as the highest priority.
If you’ve never tried king crab before, stop disagreeing with yourself. Try them today.