There is no denying that PDF is one of the best ways to share information online. It is faster, more convenient, and more efficient than peddling books and documents.
Lumin PDF developers have taken things up a notch by introducing features that let you tweak PDFs. This PDF editor allows you to edit, sign, convert, and do more with PDFs.
So if you want to learn to use all those features of Lumin’s free PDF editor, read this guide to find out more.
How to edit PDFs with LuminPDF
LuminPDF editor is an easy to use online PDF editor with a user-friendly interface. But because of its many features, getting the hang of its editing feature on the first try is tricky.
Follow these steps to edit PDF online free:
- Open the LuminPDF software.
- Sign in and view your documents from your phone storage or Google Drive.
- Select the document you want, and choose “Edit” from the Lumin PDF toolbar.
- Use any tools for editing, drawing, commenting, or adding texts to your PDF.
- After you edit PDF file, you can undo or save the changes.
An additional feature is that you can easily sync the documents and their changes to your Google Drive account. This way, you are sure of not losing your changes midway.
How to sign PDFs with LuminPDF
You can decide to create a signature, use a ready-made one, or simply use one of its text styles to edit PDF file online on Lumin PDF.
Create a signature
Creating a signature to add to your document using LuminPDF is simply straightforward. You can easily create a signature as easily as drawing on your paper document.
- Open the LuminPDF PDF editing software to access the document you wish to sign.
- Go to the toolbar icon and choose “Select Signature.”
- Draw your signature like you do on paper with the option to change its opacity, color, etc.
- After drawing, Lumin PDF editor for PC lets you drag your signature and place it where you want on the paper.
- Resize your signature if you wish.
Using a ready-made signature
A ready-made signature is useful when signing a PDF document. As long as you have the legal backing to upload your boss or fellow employee’s signature, you can easily copy and paste it into a PDF document.
- Sign the signature on plain paper and take a photo of it
- Open the document on the Lumin PDF editor app.
- Click on the toolbar icon and select “Signature.”
- Select the icon to upload your image to the PDF editor software.
- Finally, choose the file you want and add it to your document.
Like creating your signature, you are free to resize the image. But the uploaded image must not exceed 2.5 MB.
Using LuminPDF’s signature text styles
Lumin PDF also lets you use its easily customizable fonts and templates. You are free to pick any of its six font styles and alter its opacity, thickness, and resizing.
- Open the document on the LuminPDF.
- Access the toolbar options, and click on “Signature.”
- Select “Type,” and choose the font you desire.
While signing your document, do not confuse digital signature with eSignature. Digital signatures are not visible, while electronic signatures can be seen.
How to Convert PDFs with LuminPDF
There are times when you need a specific document format; maybe you need to change a JPEG file to another PDF document format. Here is how to convert PDFs from one file format to another using Lumin’s best PDF editor.
- Open the document.
- Select the “Convert” icon.
- Select the current file format (Word, Excel, JPEG, PPTX, etc.) and change it to PDF.
- Convert and save your PDF to your local storage or Google Drive.
- Open the Lumin PDF editor.
- Go to “Convert” on your Lumin PDF.
- Use the “Drag and drop” feature to place the document on the “Convert” page.
The software will automatically change the document format to a PDF or any file format of your choice. Then, you can save it to your local storage or Google Drive.
What other actions can you perform with LuminPDF?
Apart from editing, signing, and converting PDF documents, Lumin PDF has additional features that let you annotate, merge, split, and compress files. Here is a breakdown of some fundamental elements of Lumin PDF.
Using Lumin PDF’s online PDF editor to annotate your document is easy. You can draw lines, signs, shapes, and so on while annotating documents.
To annotate by adding comments, follow these steps:
- Access the LuminPDF online editing tool, and select the comment icon on the menu bar.
- Choose your desired font and color.
- On the document, decide where you want the comment to be.
- Comment and save the annotated document.
To highlight information on a PDF document, follow these steps:
- Open the Lumin PDF editor.
- Select the text icon and choose its color, thickness, etc.
- Click to use a text box.
- Accept changes.
For adding shapes to a PDF document,
- Open the Lumin PDF editor tool and select the “Stamp” icon.
- Decide where you want to put the image.
- Pick the image from either your local storage or Google Drive.
- Open the image and add it to the PDF document.
Annotating PDFs is easy even if you have no prior knowledge of using Lumin PDF.
Combine or merge PDF
You can also use LuminPDF, an easy PDF editor, to combine several PDFs into one.
To merge PDFs,
- Access the LuminPDF software.
- Click on “Page Tools.”
- Select “Merge tools” from the dropdown menu
- Choose the file(s) you want to combine.
To merge documents, you can use a comma (,) to separate the pages you want to combine, or simply select “All Pages” if you’re going to merge the whole document. Then, save the new file when you finish.
When merging documents with LuminPDF, note that you can’t combine documents directly from your Google Drive; you need to save them in your local storage first.
With LuminPDF, you can split PDFs into solitary documents. This feature comes in handy for people who only need a few pages from a voluminous PDF file.
- Choose a file and upload it to LuminPDF.
- Delete the pages you want.
- Save the changes and download the altered file.
Compress or resize PDF
Using the Lumin PDF tool can help you compress and reduce the size of a PDF in seconds.
Here is how to compress and resize PDF documents:
- If you use PDF editor mac or Windows, upload the file or drag and drop it into the PDF compressor.
- Give the PDF tool some seconds to resize the document.
- Download the copy.
Rest assured that after Lumin’s PDF compresses your document, you won’t notice any drop in quality.
With LuminPDF, there is no need to sign paper documents by hand. You can conveniently sign electronically, even if it involves multiple signatories. Even if you want to annotate, resize, split, or combine multiple documents, Lumin PDF has got your back. Carefully following this guide will make your editing experience with this reliable PDF text editor worthwhile.