Practicing English can be overwhelming because there are so many ways to learn. The University of Cambridge’s Cambridge English department developed Learning English in response to this demand.
To practice and improve your English, there are many short, interactive activities. Different language skill is focused on in each activity, such as reading, writing, listening, pronunciation, grammar, or vocabulary.
Each of the activities can be used on mobile devices, enabling you to practice English at home or on the go whenever you have some spare time. Do a short 5-10 minute activity every day to practice adjectives starting with N provided by Greenopolis. It is more effective to study ‘little and often’ than to study intensively on occasion.
#1 Improve English Writing Skills
The academic study requires the ability to write essays using appropriate language. It will be easier for you to succeed if you learn how to write in English.
- To create longer sentences, advanced learners can practice using linking words and phrases.
- To develop their written fluency, proficient-level learners can practice structuring their writing with referencing words and discourse markers.
#2 Improve English Reading Skills
Any academic course requires students to read textbooks, articles, and research publications. It will be easier for you to succeed in academic studies if you improve your reading skills.
- Reading quickly can help independent-level learners find specific information in a text.
- Students at the proficient level can practice understanding abstract concepts and academic arguments by carefully reading academic texts.
#3 Improve English Listening Skills
Students should listen to lectures and participate in seminar discussions at the university. Take the time to listen carefully to a speaker’s main arguments, opinions, and attitudes.
- It is possible to practice listening for important points and ideas in a presentation or discussion at the independent level.
- Listening to the words and intonation used by proficient learners can help them identify subtly expressed attitudes.
#4 Improve Grammar & Vocabulary
Make sure you keep refreshing your grammatical and vocabulary knowledge. Using well-formed sentences will help you build your confidence when you use the language.
- Students with independent-level proficiency can practice using past simple and present perfect verb tenses and adverbs in different contexts.
- As learners reach proficient levels, they can practice using “which” as a relative pronoun and practicing a variety of different vocabulary for qualifying statements and opinions.
#5 Improve Pronunciation
Improving your English pronunciation will help you feel more confident when presenting or asking questions in seminars.
- Learning how to pronounce the long and short “i” sounds can benefit independent-level learners.
- It is possible to practice different word stresses at the proficient level and learn how they can affect a word’s meaning or a sentence’s meaning.
#6 Have Confidence
Attempting to speak English in English can make non-English speakers feel insecure and inferior because of the factors of power, money, and complexion. It will never be helpful to have a restricted mindset and the fear of making mistakes. Don’t be afraid to make mistakes and learn from them. After all, even experts started out as beginners.
There is no shortcut to success, and nobody owes you anything. Never give up and keep motivating yourself throughout the journey. To stay motivated, you must possess this quality of determination and perseverance. No matter what you put your mind to, you will find your way to the other side of the rainbow; it’s just a matter of time.
#8 Enjoy the Process
There is no doubt in my mind that if you enjoy what you do and if you put your heart into it, you will be successful. In order to succeed, you must be genuine with your efforts and have fun on the journey. There is only one life to live, so don’t let anything weigh you down or be a make-or-break challenge. You can also watch free online sports games streaming.
You can achieve your academic and professional goals by taking a Cambridge English exam to prove that you have the right level of English. You should become familiar with the types of questions in the exam. Developing your exam technique and building your confidence will result from this.
Everything you need to succeed is available to you, so there is nothing to complain about. Get better at what you have set out to do by utilizing the resources you have at your disposal.