Let’s review the football results of Lens vs Arsenal with 90phuttv football viewing website, 02:00 on October 4: European Cup
Click on the link to watch LIVE football of this match
Match between Lens vs Arsenal
Comments on Lens vs Arsenal are strongly in favor of the Gunners, but to win a clear victory right in France is not a simple matter.
Lens vs Arsenal: Making things difficult for the guests
- Lens was the team that made the biggest impression in Ligue 1 last season. This team ended the season in 2nd place on the rankings, only 1 point behind top team PSG. During 38 rounds, they only had to receive 4 defeats, remember that the champion team PSG had to receive 7 defeats. With 29 goals conceded, they are also the team with the best defense in the tournament. Although they could not win the championship, with 2nd place, this team won the right to return to the Champions League playground after 21 years of waiting.
- The French team started this season’s Champions League campaign with a trip to Sevilla’s field. They played resiliently in Spain, thereby achieving a 1-1 draw. This result brings Lens’ winless streak this season to 6 consecutive matches. Before that, Franck Haise and his team had a bad start in Ligue 1. They did not win in the first 5 rounds, including 4 losses and 1 draw. The only score this team got came from a 1-1 draw against Rennes in the second round.
Lens held Sevilla to a 1-1 draw in the first match of the C1 group stage this season
- However, since returning from Sevilla’s away trip, Lens has won two consecutive matches in Ligue 1. The first was a 2-1 home win against Toulouse, then the victory. 1-0 away to Strasbourg. 2 consecutive victories in Ligue 1 brought Lens to 15th place on the rankings. The gap with the Top 4 has now been shortened to 6 points.
- Lens’s next match will be a duel with Arsenal at home in the second match of Group B Champions League 2023/24. Football commentary Lens vs Arsenal is strongly in favor of the Gunners, but to win a clear victory right in France is not simple when the home team is unbeaten in the last 3 matches, including 2 win and 1 draw.
- Lens’ early season difficulties were partly due to the departures of several key players, such as Lois Openda and Seko Fofana, but with new recruits starting to settle in, the team’s performance improved. France immediately improved. Ligue 1 representatives are trying to prepare for the match with Arsenal, they are determined to make things difficult for the Gunners.
- On the other side of the front line, Arsenal returned to the Champions League after 6 years of waiting. And fans were satisfied when the Gunners had a triumphant return to the C1 arena, in which they destroyed the representative of the Netherlands – PSV with a clear score at home. Bukayo Saka put the Gunners ahead in the first 10 minutes of the match, before Leandro Trossard and Gabriel Jesus got on the scoresheet, giving the home team a 3-0 lead. In the second half, although Mikel Arteta withdrew many pillars, Arsenal still had 1 more goal thanks to captain Martin Odegaard.
- With a 4-0 victory over PSV, Arsenal took the lead in Group B with 3 points. The London team is still undefeated this season. In the Premier League, the home team at Emirates Stadium won 5 and drew 2 after 7 matches. Arsenal and Tottenham are the two teams that have not lost in the highest tournament of English football this season. The two London teams are sharing the 2nd and 3rd positions on the rankings with the same 17 points, 1 point behind the top team Man City. .
- In addition to having a smooth start in the C1 group stage and being undefeated in the Premier League, Arsenal also defeated Brentford 1-0 away from home to enter the fourth round of the English League Cup. In the most recent match, the Gunners excellently defeated Bournemouth 4-0, thereby gaining favorable momentum before the trip to France. Arsenal is in great away form. In 4 times away from home this season, they all won and did not even concede a goal. Specifically, the home team at Emirates Stadium defeated Crystal Palace (1-0), Everton (1-0), Brentford (1-0) and Bournemouth (4-0).
Comment on Lens vs Arsenal
After a period of crisis, Lens has returned with a series of 3 unbeaten matches, including the last 2 victories. As the new recruits began to integrate, the French team’s performance began to improve. Of course, Lens is still underestimated compared to Arsenal, the team is in high form when undefeated this season. It may be difficult for the home team to win points, but they can completely avoid a defeat with a large score against England’s representative.
This match is also predicted not to have too many goals. Arsenal’s last 4 away trips have all kept clean sheets. Lens’ attack is not playing too well, their ability to score against the away team is not easy. However, in the last 4 matches, Lens never allowed the opponent to concede more than 2 times. They can prevent Arsenal from pouring a rain of goals into goalkeeper Brice Samba’s net.